Pages

Wednesday 31 December 2014

MySuit&Apron is One Year Old!

Exactly one year ago today, I launched MySuit&Apron, after years of being prodded by family and friends. The blog was a way to share my recipes of home cooked food, pictures of which I had often posted on my personal Facebook account.

Now a year has passed and MySuit&Apron is One Year Old! How time flies! The goal was to post one recipe per week: 52 recipes for 52 weeks, since I work full time and can only really cook leisurely on weekends. Today, MySuit&Apron celebrates the year with a total of 65 recipes, exceeding the initial goal.

What started out as just a humble hobby garnered some unexpected recognition when MySuit&Apron was one of the finalists for Best New Blog and Best Cooking Blog in the 2014 Singapore Blog Awards.

As I end a full year of food blogging, I'd like to thank the following people:

*My Mother, who at 74, still works full time, goes to the gym and still cooks everyday;

*My daughter M, for patiently teaching me how to use Blogger, for designing the blog and the logo;

*My family, the best and worst critics of my creations in the kitchen, the "victims" of many a failed recipe;

*My best friend M, who launched her own blog, Mama Munch's Kitchen, a few days ahead of mine, and gave me that final push. She's also the one who came up with the brilliant idea of the apron I'm wearing in this photo, which was conveniently commissioned during a very recent trip to Bangkok.

*My dear friend and ex-colleague K, of Twice as Delicious, who encouraged me to blog about food. I still remember that it was during one of our monthly foodie dinners, over steak and wine, during her birthday dinner at Wooloomooloo Steakhouse.

Thanks so much to all of you for all your support! Happy New Year! Keep cooking for your family and friends, because whatever you cook will surely be sprinkled with love, something that you can't get from a restaurant or takeout. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment