Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

I started this blog on New Year's Eve 2013, after a few friends of mine nagged me for years to start it, after looking at photos of my edible creations on my personal Facebook page.  The blog was really just a hobby, something that I did after work and on weekends and I had a goal of posting one new recipe every week.

A lot has happened since New Year's Eve 2013: the blog got two nominations in the 2014 Singapore blog awards (Best Cooking Blog and Best New Blog). I shared numerous recipes that I experimented on and made. I traveled to different places that widened my gastronomic horizons. I changed jobs and  eventually, companies too, and in the past two years, that made me tremendously busy, which led to me not writing for the past two years. :(

And while the blog was no longer active, I would occasionally get inquiries from a few people about some recipes. I also found myself going back to the blog from time to time to look at my own recipes as I continued cooking when I could during the weekends.

Though I have ceased to post recipes here, my gastronomic journey never really ended. I still cook and try out new recipes occasionally. My new job takes me to more places around the world, with the side benefit of being able to sample dishes I have never tried before, experiencing interesting restaurants and the gustatory adventures they have to offer, teasing not only my sense of taste, but also sight and smell. These adventures are some of the things that I find great satisfaction in outside of my career.

It is nearly New Year's Eve 2017. It's time to close the blog, though I will still keep it here for people who still want to check out the recipes. Thank you for your interest and hope you continue your journey as a home cook, just as I have. Bon appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment